Welcome to the Wandering Drays!

Not all who wander are lost...

Welcome to my blog dedicated to my family and our crazy foreign service life. Never content with staying in one place, we are excited to share our journey. We've survived two unaccompanied tour (Baghdad 2010-2011 and Baghdad again in 2015-2016), multiple TDYs, and enjoyed a two-year family assignment in Cairo, Egypt. The fab hubby is currently learning Turkish for our next assignment...Istanbul, Turkey! We leave for Turkey sometime in summer 2017. I write about what I know. Which is mainly kids, tween drama, gross pets, dealing with lots of government info, our moving adventures, being a nurse, yoga, running, living on too-little sleep, and an addiction to coffee lattes. I hope you'll enjoy this glimpse into our lives.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Owen Does It Again

He has this special way every year of simply turning one year older and making me feel soooo much older.  Ten.  He's ten!  How is it possible that our firstborn is suddenly TEN!?

Minecraft. Legos. Books. Swimming. Playing with friends. Climbing trees. Exploring.  Drawing. Teaching his toddler brother.

Playing Minecraft with a buddy.
Those are the things Owen is made of.

Big heart. Smart. Funny. Easy-going. Loving. Loyal to his friends.

Those are the things Owen is also made of.

Maybe I'm a bit partial.  But I think he's the coolest ten year old in the world.  Time has flown.  He was just a baby, I swear!  I remember rocking him, holding him, singing him songs.  I remember teaching him the ABCs and watching that special twinkle in his eyes when he'd find something new and exciting.

I still see the twinkle.

Suddenly a tween.  No longer a kid.  Finding his own way, his path, his passion for life.  I'm still marveled by him every day.

Happy Birthday, Owen.  We love you so very, very much.

Our avid climber!

One awesome explorer.







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Mama and Happy Birthday wishes to your new 10!

    ReplyDelete